lunes, 18 de julio de 2011

A place for my work


People who work freelance as I do, need a place  to get away from all the distractions of the house and just be able to focus on their work. I don´t know about you, but it is incredibly hard for me to concentrate  when I work from home.


Here is my place. It´s where I write my articles for magazines, I blog, I email, I work on my pics and where most of my daydreaming happens. But if you ask my son, he'd say this is where I log on facebook all day long.


If you pay attention you'll see there is a theme in the decoration, well it´s not that hard to guess!








  It gets lonely when you work at home, sometimes I miss the jokes and lunch time at my old office, but I guess I'm lucky to work by my own schedule, surrounded by the things that make me smile, like this vintage beauty




And this Polaroid, my first camera at age 12! It was love at first sight,you can ask my mom...


Lovely!


Also, I have my messy book shelves







And good music


This is a wooden leaf, a gift from my sister in law who lived in Paris and  bought it at the African Market (I use it for my keys)


And this is a gorgeous pine desk that my husband  treated many years a , before we met



This below, is as colorfull as my house gets!The red bag is actually morrocan but my friends call it Machu Pichu :)


And back to my pale palete!



You should know this is the place where my dogs sleep at night, and during rainy afternoons too, so they keep me company most of the time :)
Have a very productive week!

1 comentario:

  1. your office is lovely - I too work from home and enjoy a place that is just for work - it definitely is difficult sometimes to get work done when the whole family is home and continually interrupting, but I wouldn't have it any other way :)

    ResponderEliminar