martes, 27 de septiembre de 2011

My first stew


I have been craving for a pot of hot stew, such a comforting dish suited for a rainy evening. I had my eye on this recipe from one of my french cuisine books (not the last purchase, though). 

It is called Boeuf Bourguignon, a bit famous! 



But I might be insulted by a french cook: Basically I used the very same ingredients but cheated a little because unlike the original recipe, I used the slow cooking pot instead







Some tropical improvising! Ha! 

(It´s blackberry sauce)


It all goes in, looking good together!




And then just have to wait, and wait


And wait...Right Clara? 

She sits besides me trying not to fall asleep every time I cook




Oh here´s a preview!


And since we were already in the kitchen why not baking the dessert in advance?

Chocolate cake it is!


I can not explain how good the whole house smells!
 I´ll share both recipes with you as soon as I know if it worked out!



1 comentario:

  1. Fabulous! I'm sure the stew tasted amazing...and chocolate cake (with coffee) to finish the meal off...I'll bet your house smelled delicious...

    I am making french onion soup tomorrow evening for dinner as my middle son and husband are just getting back from being away for 12 days, and it's one of their favorites :)

    Yesterday I made gluten free banana bread in mini loaves...my house smelled wonderful and they taste amazing...the key, bake the bananas in their skin at 325F for 15-20min to caramelize a bit, then cool and scrape the inside of the peel and add to the recipe...

    ResponderEliminar